Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arri raw files not supported?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm attempting to import a sequence of .ari files into After Effects, but the files are all greyed out and not selectable. I'm pretty sure they were supported in the past. Any suggestions?

AE Version: 13.7.2.3

I'm not able to update my OS or After Effects versions as those are controlled by IT.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Support for Arri raw files was disabled on Mac in After Effects CC 2015.1 and 2015.2 (13.6 and 13.7). This problem is fixed in After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8), and of course After Effects CC 2017 (14.0).

The problem was due to a common library that the ARRIRAW decoder relies on. After Effects 13.6 required an updated version of that library for unrelated purposes, but which wasn't compatible with the ARRIRAW decoder on Mac. The problem was fixed in After Effects 13.8.

known issues in After Effects CC 2015 | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the supported formats page: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/importing-interpreting-footage-items.html#supported_impo...

and it specifies:

• Support for ARRIRAW files from the ARRI ALEXA, or ARRIFLEX D-21 cameras
    For more information on ARRIRAW files, see the ARRIRAW FAQ on the ARRI Group website.

I downloaded a sample *.ari file from the Alexa website here: ARRI Group: ALEXA SAMPLE FOOTAGE and it imported correctly using 13.7.1 (i'm on PC) and it works fine. please share a screenshots of what you are seeing? what happens when you drag the footage to the project panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a sample .ari file from the link you shared. If i use the 'Import File' dialog the file is greyed out and if I simply attempt to drag the file directly into After Effects it does nothing. If I put the file into a folder and drag the folder into after effects I receive an error message:  "cannot be imported because it is not a recognized type. (39 ::7)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

1. first set your project file to 16-bit color depth in the project settings Cmd+Alt+Shift+K

2. try to import.

this is from the Alexa website:

share a screenshot so we can see exactly what you are seeing in the import file dialog box when the file is there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for Arri raw files was disabled on Mac in After Effects CC 2015.1 and 2015.2 (13.6 and 13.7). This problem is fixed in After Effects CC 2015.3 (13.8), and of course After Effects CC 2017 (14.0).

The problem was due to a common library that the ARRIRAW decoder relies on. After Effects 13.6 required an updated version of that library for unrelated purposes, but which wasn't compatible with the ARRIRAW decoder on Mac. The problem was fixed in After Effects 13.8.

known issues in After Effects CC 2015 | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

In the latest Premiere Pro 15.0_beta build we have enabled the support of files from ARRI Alexa Mini LF camera. The support enables - ALEXA Mini LF MXF/ARRIRAW, ALEXA Mini LF MXF/Apple ProRes files. Please try these files in the latest Premiere Pro beta build and share your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines