• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploy without "Create PDF" Firefox extension on Mac?

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Acrobat Customization Wizard for Mac and I selected "Disable PDF Rendering in browsers" and also "Enable Feature Lockdown" with a plist file that has cServices>bUpdater disabled.  That all works great; the browser plugins are omitted and all the cloud services are disabled.

However, it still installs an extension for Firefox named "Adobe Acrobat DC - Create PDF 15" that asks for permission to be enabled for every new user that opens Firefox.  Adobe talks about the extension here.  How can I deploy Acrobat DC on a Mac without the extension?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JasonNVSD,

Since you are probably creating a chained installation to get to the latest version of Acrobat DC similar to this video​, the way you would do this is as the last event in a Post Install Shell script.  What you would need to do in your shell script is to remove everything in the Mozilla Extensions folder at this location:

/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/Extensions

Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines