Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installation Fail in Windows 7

Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete and total failure to install after over twenty tries during the last two years.

I gave up last year, but a video tutorial I need to watch requires me to have it working.

Argh, etc. 

Please somebody who knows share the specific steps to get this to work.

Thank you!

P.S. I am running Windows 7 and use Firefox.  I keep being looped back to variations

of the following, which didn't work:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at my manual installation guide here with some step by step process that could prove useful and it has some explanations of the different flash player types as well.

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player for Windows

Best Regards

Please be sure to mark my post here helpful or answered if I assisted you

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jazzmuffin1515​,

What does "doesn't work mean"  Do you get an error message?  If so, what is it?  I'll need to get the installer log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier  page, do the following:

1. Launch the installer until it finishes, or returns an error.
    1. If it returns an error, take a screenshot of the error.  See How do I attach a screenshot?
  2. Close out of the installer dialog.
  3. Locate the FlashInstall.log file(s):
    1. 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory.
    2. 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash - both files are required from a 64-bit OS/
  4. Upload the screenshot and the FlashInstall.log file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document
  5. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

There has never been any error message.  It simply failed to do anything each time I went through the download process, i.e. install.  Except tonight for no reason at all, i.e. I did absolutely no thing, it for the first time went through something that looked like a download process for a file called Shockwave_Installer_Slim.exe.  Except that when it completed, nothing else happened, i.e. no confirmation, error, program opening, etc.  I searched my system after this and the only files on it with Shockwave in their names is that one and two more.  I don't know what I should do now, like what is the step to be taken.FLASH PLAYER 2.jpg

Here are the log file links:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Neither of the log files show any recent Flash Player installation attempts.  The last installation logged is for 20.0.0.235 on Dec 17, 2015.

Shockwave_Installer_Slim.exe installs the Shockwave Player, not Flash Player.

Please do the following:

1. Delete any Flash Player or Shockwave Player files you have downloaded
  2. Download the Flash Player uninstaller from Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
  3. Launch Firefox and navigate to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions and download the Flash Player installer for Firefox
  4. Run the Uninstaller downloaded in step 2.
  5. Restart your machine.
  6. When the machine starts up again, make sure anything that uses Flash Player (e.g. browser, instant messaging apps, etc) are not running.
  7. Run the Flash Player installer downloaded in step 3.
  8. Flash Player should install successfully.  If you get an error, post a screenshot of the error

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines