3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 12:30 AM by spsb84

Need EPS format - Licensed an AI/EPS image - Setting Change?

kikboxr7777

Hello,

I signed up for adobe stock with the understanding that items were EPS files, as well as, AI files.  I do not want to utilize AI and use an open source program.  What I have done is downloaded product on here as AI.  I cannot open these items.  Is there a setting that I can change or can you mark my account as only EPS?

How do I get all the EPS versions of the items already downloaded and prevent this from happening in the future.    

• 1. Re: Need EPS format - Licensed an AI/EPS image - Setting Change?
          kanikas17063107 Adobe Employee

Hi Kikboxr7777,

Please refer the screenshot below to filter the EPS files. The files would be be AI/EPS and not only EPS.

Unfortunately this is the only option available. Select VECTORS and click update.

Hope this helps !

vector.PNG

For any other information, kindly Contact Customer Care.

Feel free to update the thread for any other queries.

• 2. Re: Need EPS format - Licensed an AI/EPS image - Setting Change?
            kikboxr7777 Level 1

Hello Kankikas100,

thanks for the reply.  I knew how to filter them to get vector files.  Each one I have done this with show "AI/EPS" as the file type.  I do not use Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.  Why do you have it listed as "AI/EPS" when I do not have the option to download an EPS.  Why not have it listed as AI only then I would know that it is an Illustrator file and not an EPS file which is what I need.  Do you have any REAL EPS files or are they all downloaded only as an AI file?

Mike

• 3. Re: Need EPS format - Licensed an AI/EPS image - Setting Change?
              spsb84 Adobe Employee

For images that state type as AI/EPS means: they are basic Illustrator/Vector files and also have EPS type embedded in it. That is: you can use this file type (EPS) and open in Photoshop- in this case this won't be considered a vector file. But if the need is for a vector (.ai) only then Illustrator is the key product to be used. Therefore we see it as AI/EPS.

If you have any 3rd party software- not Photoshop/Illustrator, to operate on EPS files then Adobe doesn't guarantee any successful working operation of files.

Hope this helps.

1 person found this helpful