• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Print Pure Cyan on Epson WF-7520 Printer

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to print out a design with elements that requires pure Cyan lines/elements from my Epson WF-7520 printer. However, even though the image element colors are set to 100% Cyan only (and the file is already in CMYK) the lines are printing as a mixture of Cyan, Magenta, and Black inks. This is frustrating because the printer has a separate Cyan cartridge. Though I presume this model printer is more "business" class and probably considered an RGB printer, it is using separate CMYK inks in the hardware to approximate this RGB color model. So the hardware doesn't seem to be the problem. It seems like the problem is in the software.

All I want is for the print-out to be pure ink from the Cyan cartridge. Theoretically, this seems attainable, yet I have had a very difficult time finding a way to accomplish this.

I am aware that using a different printer might remove this difficulty entirely, but unfortunately I need a solution that will work on this printer. 

I saw an online suggestion to save the PSD as a PDF and print through Acrobat Pro in order to use it's native proofing and color separation features. I am not an Acrobat expert however, so after saving as a PDF and opening it in Acrobat I haven't found a way to accomplish this goal with the settings available.

P.S. It might even work if I could get the whole image to print in only one ink color; even another color. For instance it might even work if I could get pure Magenta.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?