9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2016 10:30 AM by DreamOn21

After Effects Won't Stop RAM Previewing, Crashes In Preferences

DreamOn21

I just recently upgraded my computer (Motherboard and CPU). When I was finished, I opened After Effects CC 2017. I was able to open all my projects just fine, but the problem started when I would preview something. I'd hit space and it would preview the work area but it wouldn't stop. It reached the end of the work area and it started again. It wouldn't play back the preview. Also, every time I try to open Preferences, After Effects crashes. I'm using Windows 10 and my system specs are below. When I was done swapping out my motherboard and CPU, I plugged in just the SSD (C drive) and HDD 1. I have a second Hard Drive which I didn't want to plug in just yet. However, that Hard Drive is the Hard Drive that contains the After Effects cache. Maybe I screwed something up when trying to preview it while the Hard Drive wasn't even connected? I plugged the Hard Drive in and reinstalled After Effects. Didn't help anything.

AMD FX-6300 3.5 GHz Processor

Kingston HyperX 2x4 DDR3 1600 MHz RAM

125 GB Samsung SSD

1 TB WD Blue Hard Drive

1 TB Dell Hard Drive

Windows 10

After Effects CC 2017

Also, I've updated all of my drivers. Here is an image that kind of shows what I'm talking about as far as previewing goes:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet