• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-composition help.

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my after effects settings somehow messed up (I use AE CC 2014)

Before when I would pre-compose, it would leave me in the same composition but still open another window without it immediately bringing me there.

Now when I pre-compose, it opens another window but brings me there immediately which is very annoying. I've tried unticking the "Open new composition" to see if that would change anything. It left me in the same window, but that just means I have to bring it down the composition manually from the project tab which is also very annoying.

PLEASE HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016
Before when I would pre-compose, it would leave me in the same composition but still open another window without it immediately bringing me there.

the behavior is exactly the same as previous versions. if you have the checkbox checked for "open new composition", it will create the pre-comp and open it at the same time

if not, it will only create the pre-comp. if you want to go inside you click on it twice in the timeline panel - all of this is the default behavior.

if you are experiencing anything

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the behavior is exactly the same as previous versions. if you have the checkbox checked for "open new composition", it will create the pre-comp and open it at the same time

if not, it will only create the pre-comp. if you want to go inside you click on it twice in the timeline panel - all of this is the default behavior.

if you are experiencing anything different please share a few screenshots step by step so we can see where is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it didn't do that before 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok please show us the old step by srep vs the new so we can see how it's different. Share screenshots so we can see exactly what you are doing and how does it look. What version is the old btw? If it's cs6 and above, you can use it alongside you other versions through the CC App. You can re-install if you uninstalled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nardsp,

Did you solve this issue yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot_5.pngScreenshot_8.png

how to nest one composition in another? on the video he dragged one into another and she disappeared in it

13.08 min - youtube

After Effects Tutorial - Liquid Typography in After Effects

find this video on YouTube and rewind to the specified time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines