• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One site loses access to Flash Player every time I restart my computer

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give and receive cards through jacquielawson.com. Every time I have to restart my Mac the Flash Player access for that site (and that site only) is lost somewhere. I am told that I do not have Flash Player installed and given the option to go to Adobe.com and install it. But, I always have the most recent version installed. It does it itself. The only solution is to go back into Safari/preferences and reset it.

Why should this happen for only one site? All the others that I have configured in the past are happily listed, just as I expect, but Jacquie Lawson is gone, again.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is most likely a problem with Safari managing it's own internal preferences.  It sounds like the preferences stored on disk are corrupt, so as long as you don't exit Safari, they stay in memory and do what you expect, but as soon as Safari relaunches, it reads that stale preference back from disk.

I can't find an official Apple guide on how to remove Safari's preference files, and they involve messing around in the bowels of the operating system.

The easiest solution is probably to just use another browser, like Google Chrome or Firefox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines