3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2006 11:38 AM by nated

HTTPService doesn't work!

nated
      I have developed a Flex 2.0 application which uses lots of HTTPService stuff. In my testing environment - it works great. I move it to "production" (a web server) and the HTTPService stuff won't work - everything else does, just no data transmission stuff. I saw one thing which said I needed to update a file on my testing machine (to me - that doesn't make sense) to allow it to work. I don't think that's right. I've also seen the crossdomain.xml file thing - which supposedly shouldn't matter (I think) - even so, I have a crossdomain file for other Flash projects. I'm just not sure what to do or why it's happening?!?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
        • 1. Re: HTTPService doesn't work!
          nated Level 1
          A popup error box contains this as well:

[RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url" faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Destination: DefaultHTTP"]
          at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/ http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()
          at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()
          at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()
          at : irectHTTPMessageResponder/securityErrorHandler()
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
          at flash.net::URLLoader/flash.net:URLLoader::redirectEvent()
          • 2. Re: HTTPService doesn't work!
            ntsiii Level 3
            In flex 2.0, the crossdomain.xml file is almost ALWAYS necessary. Only when the data source url has the exact same domain as the Flex app is it not required. and "localhost" is not the same domain as "localhost:8080"

It should go in the root of the domain you are requesting the data from. When in doubt, use a global permission, and put a copy everywhere until it works, then remove them until it breaks.

Tracy
            • 3. Re: HTTPService doesn't work!
              nated Level 1
              Thanks!! I did add the crossdomain.xml file to that directory and it fixed the problem. I guess that's a difference between Flash 8 & Flex 2 ?? Thanks for the help!!!