3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2016 9:57 PM by Derek Cross

Beginner Orientation Questions

Geobop Level 1

I just recently learned how to create videos with Adobe Premiere. I then decided to learn how to make ebooks and was searching for software when I discovered that's InDesign's job. (I'm subscribed to Adobe Creative Suite.)

So I've begun checking out some tutorials, but I'm still a little confused by all the options - fixed vs reflowable ebooks, Kindle vs Apple vs everything else, etc.

Fist, I want to create a reference book and try to sell it to libraries and schools, along with individuals. Am I correct in guessing that the standard format is a fixed layout designed for Kindle?

Second, is it OK to prep my ebook in Dreamweaver before exporting it into InDesign? I'm very familiar with Dreamwweaver and often use it as a text editor. Of course, it's also nice to be able to view my text files in a browser. But if I format my text in Dreamweaver (fonts, bold, italics, headings, etc.), can I somehow import all those styles into InDesign? Or is there a better way to do it?

Also, if I'm going to create an ebook that's viewed on Kindle, which InDesign format should I choose - A4, Letter, Tabloid, etc.?