• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Second monitor, yet again, has a white screen on the 'program monitor', and Premiere hangs

Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my driver for the Nvidia GeGorce GTX 980M, and it worked ...for a while, until last week. Although Premiere is fine on my desktop, this problem just started up again on my laptop. That weird " change your workspace to the color workspace preset."  and then restart" workaround fixes it, but I would prefer the software to work normally.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went back to my desktop computer that is using a GTX 750 Ti display driver. It also has a screen related problem. For the last month or so, when I leave Premiere on, unattended for a while, the view scrambles and the program monitor does not show the video. I either have to minimized and then expand the program again for it to show all the tabs and the monitor properly, but occasionally I have to restart it for it to work properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere twice, with no improvement unless I remove the second monitor (which works fine with all other programs). I can only now turn off Premiere in the task bar when the second monitor is on. I have the same problems with other monitors. Also the Premiere task bar icon is now white. HOW can I solve these worsening problems??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check if any ui elements are halfway across two monitors. that's what adobe said to look out for. Also, some people have had luck

keeping it on the "color workspace preset" every time you close premiere and then restart premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ui elements are not halfway across two monitors. But the old the "color workspace preset" works. However, I was hoping that there would be a solution by now (between Adobe and Nvidia software developers).

It worked fine on both my desktop and laptop for a while, but it then the Premiere ui stopped working well in the last 2 months - somewhere between the new Premiere update, and Nvidia updates for my 2 different Geforce graphics cards - one for the desktop (a GTX 750 Ti ...where the ui goes weird after leaving it on unattended for a while), and another for my laptop (GTX 980M ... where I have the white screen now unless I do the "color workspace preset").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spoke to Adobe Support and they suggested creating a new project just to see if the white screen was somehow isolated to the particular project I kept opening and having the problem on. Sure enough, back to normal! That was easy.

It's kind of a pain but this is the first time it's happened. You could Dynamic Link to your old project to pull the bins and sequences in, leaving you right where you left off. Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines