3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2016 11:01 PM by Jao vdL

Lightroom 6 and iMessage

vickia47814346

I have recently converted to LR due to Apple's discontinuing of support for Aperture.

One of my favourite things about Aperture was it's ability to share so easily, especially to email and SMS - click the Share icon and a variety of destinations appear.

I cannot figure out how to achieve this in LR. I found the rather clumsy Export dialogue, which allows export to email, but can't find anything anywhere about how to share to SMS or iMessage.

The ability to quickly send photos to clients or even just family/friends would seem to be an essential capability of such otherwise sophisticated software.

I've searched widely online and there is absolutely no mention of this issue. It's as if Adobe lives in another dimension where this kind of sharing doesn't exist.

I'm hoping one of you good people in this forum has a solution or can at least point me towards an alternative approach.

Regards,

Vicki Armstrong

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 and iMessage
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is no solution. The desktop Lightroom doesn't support this. You have to export a jpeg image and then send that. If you have an iPhone or iPad and creative cloud, you can sync the image you want to send through iMessage to Lightroom mobile and there you can very easily share the image through SMS or iMessage.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 and iMessage
            vickia47814346 Level 1

Thank you Jao.

I have LR Mobile so I guess I'll just use that. I didn't realise you could just sync a single image to LR Mobile, thought it was all or nothing  and I don't have enough storage on my phone for that. I'll look into it.

Thanks again,

Vicki.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 and iMessage
              Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can sync one image, a collection, etc. alA good trick for your purpose is to make a collection (call it "images to text" for example) that is synced. If you want to text an image just drag it into this collection. It will get synced to your phone and you can just text from there. Also don't worry about storage too much. The mobile LR intelligently manages this and pulls down from the cloud what it needs.