• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop Build- Any suggestions greatly appreciated

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys- I am in the market for a new editing laptop (has to be a laptop, unfortunately). This will be my primary workstation. I edit with Premiere, After effects and Photoshop running, switching between them with dynamic link. I often have heavy After effects compositions with upwards of 30 layers, plus effects. I am going to start shooting RAW from a 5dmkIII, and eventually switch up to a Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6k later this year. Ideally, I would like to online edit, if that isn't a ridiculous demand. This is the spec I have come up with so far, and it's running in at about £2,500. If anyone has anysuggestions to bring the cost down a little, or reckons it's not even powerful enough, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm camera and light minded, not computer minded, so I'm struggling a bit with these decisions. Thanks in advance for your help,

Noel

Chassis & DisplayOctane Series: 17.3" Matte 4K IPS LED Widescreen (3840x2160)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Memory (RAM)64GB HyperX IMPACT 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (4 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1, G-SYNC
Memory - Hard Disk240GB BiWIN 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 559MB/sR | 514MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk1TB WD BLACK 2.5" WD10JPLX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
M.2 SSD Drive1TB SANDISK X400 M.2 2280 (up to 545MB/R, 520MB/W)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to talk to a professional custom editing computer builder.  They will design something that should meet your workflow requirements.  Eric at ADK is one option that I would suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines