• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please add ability to edit to Musical Time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's late and I don't have the time to find where I need send feature requests, but coming from a music production background, and seeking to transition from Vegas Pro to Premier CC for music video editing, it would be really awesome if I could change the time format in the edit/track panel to musical time, and to be able to adjust the tempo and time signature in Preferences as well.  I know Audition is supposed to be used for audio editing, but I'm looking to edit the video to the beat, not edit the audio to the video, and I'd rather not have to exit the main NLE program to do so.  This is pretty essential for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to set the timeline to audio units.

audio units.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio Time, measured in milliseconds/seconds/minutes/etc., isn't the same as Music Time, which is measured in ticks/beats/measures. The translation between the two is dependent upon the tempo, or beats per minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JennerC wrote:

Audio Time, measured in milliseconds/seconds/minutes/etc., isn't the same as Music Time, which is measured in ticks/beats/measures. The translation between the two is dependent upon the tempo, or beats per minute.

In that case there is no such feature in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the proper work flow would be to edit the song first, adjusting tempo and such in Audition, and then bring the finished song into PP for adding the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon

For feature films or commercials that might be a better workflow, but for lip synching a music video, where the video should be in service to the song, I edit the video to the song itself. The video exists to sell the song as is, the song is not there to be edited for the sake of the video, the song is set. Which is why for me editing to the tempo and time signature with a timeline in measures and beats is preferable to actual or film time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding your argument here.

If you don't want to do any editing to the music track itself, what's the point of this feature?

I'd wager there have been thousands of music videos cut using PP just as it exists now, so I'm not understanding your difficulty in doing so with the current tool set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a plug-in program called something like Beat Edit that looks over the music on a timeline and assigns beats as markers. You can adjust the parameters in general settings and manually on the timeline itself.

Then you move clips onto the timeline and they're 'cut' to those beat points.

Search for it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JennerC,

Please make a feature request here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines