2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 10:50 PM by Rajashree Bhattacharya

Canceled my plan and was charged after?

I canceled my student plan which was about $21 a month. It was canceled on Dec 2nd and when i looked at my account i was charged $108? If i canceled the plan then why was i charged? I do not need it anymore. I didn't authorize this. Please advise. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Canceled my plan and was charged after?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How long did you have your plan for?  It is my understanding that when you sign up, you are buying a 1-year subscription of $240, with monthly payments of $20/month, and if you cancel before you've paid the entire $240, then there is a cancellation penalty of half the remaining balance or something like that.

A scenario that approximately fits your numbers would be: if you were paying $20/month and cancelled after 2 months, then you’d own half of 10 months, which is 5 months, which is $100.  This information was on a screen or two when you signed up and perhaps when you cancelled.

An annual subscription of $240/year is not the same as a monthly subscription for $20/month, but it's easy to get confused, since many subscriptions, nowadays, are in fact monthly.

• 2. Re: Canceled my plan and was charged after?
            Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

Hi jenniferf42225705,

Steve has explained the detail of the charged very accurately & nicely. Here is the document: Adobe - Subscription Terms

Please refer to it.