Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom page numbering in Acrobat

Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Acrobat 4.0 for ever and it has served me well, but I now need to number a multi page document beginning with a random page number and then have it numbered consecutively from there to the end. What is a more recent version that I can use for this? I have a windows 7, 32 bit system. Thank you, Jerry

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 4??? You're about 20 years behind the times, my friend. That's like still using Windows 98...

No version of Acrobat has such a feature built-in, but it can be achieved using a custom-made script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Acrobot 6.0 was confusing it with my version of photoshop. If it ain’t broke why fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by a "random page number". Should this be a truly random number, selected by the system (one time you run it, it will be 9872, the next time 9 and after that 64012), or do you mean that it is a number, potentially different from "1", but one that you specify? If so, you can use the header&footer feature in Acrobat DC (the current version that is available for purchase or subscription). If that's the case, you would select Tools>Edit PDF>Header & Footer, then select to "Add" and specify the page number using the "Page Number and Date Format" function:

2016-12-04_14-13-52.png

2016-12-04_14-14-20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Karl, thanks. What I mean is that I want to insert pages into an existing document, let’s say at page 1500 and than have the additional pages numbered consecutively up to page 1586. I will look into Acrobat DC. Although very tedious I can individually number the pages in my version 6.0. I was confusing 4.0 with my version of photoshop. Thanks for your help. Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines