5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2016 4:03 PM by paulai49599352

Lightroom is unable to back up the catalog

paulai49599352

Hi there,

I'm sick and tired of wasting hours and hours on computer problems, so I thought some of you might be able to help me.

My problem. Until a few minutes ago my "Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat" was located on my ssd where it was installed by default. Since I'm running out of space on that one, Lightroom told me to make room for the backups. I originally wanted to change my backup folder location but found out that you need to move the entire "Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat" file to a seperate location and start lightroom by clicking on it. I did so and everything worked out fine but when I closed Lightroom and wanted to do a backup it only said "Lightroom is unable to back up the catalog named "Lightroom 5 Catalog". So, right now there is nothing I can do, I have the folder with all the backups on a seperate drive as well and when I select it, LR just doesn't want to do the backup. And yes before you ask, I already checked for the sufficient permission and I have a good 600gb of space free. I hope you can help me Thank you in Advance

P.s. I went through all the other discussions related to this topic but I'm just not able to get the right answer,