2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 2:24 AM by triciah66

Elements 14 keeps crashing on downloading graphics

triciah66

Please Help, I'm trying to sort out a calendar via 'create' in Elements 14 and whilst it's allowed me to download various calendar formats and all of the layouts, everytime I try to download a 'Graphic' (bottom right corner of screen) whether it's a background, frame or graphic I get a 'Photoshop Elements 14 has stopped working and will close' message but when I reopen Elements it has actually done the download.  I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion

• 1. Re: Elements 14 keeps crashing on downloading graphics
          Anwesha Dev Chaudhary Adobe Employee

Please try the following solutions to resolve this problem:

Solution # 1

1. Go to Edit>Preferences>General and click ‘Reset Preferences on next launch’ button.
          2. Click OK and relaunch the application.
          3. Check if backgrounds and frames are getting downloaded properly.

If above solution does not work, please try solution #2 .Before deleting any content, make sure to take a backup of the same. Solution # 2

1. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0 and rename ThumbDatabase.db3 to ThumbDatabase_old.db3
          2. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0\Locale\en_us and rename MediaDatabase.db3 to MediaDatabase_old.db3
          3. Relaunch the application and wait for some time till application regenerate the databases.
          4. Check if backgrounds and frames are getting downloaded properly.

Thanks,

Anwesha

• 2. Re: Elements 14 keeps crashing on downloading graphics
            triciah66 Level 1

Hi Anwesha,

Thanks for your reply and for understanding the problem.  Solution #1 thankfully seems to have done the trick and I'm now on my way to creating some wonderful calendars.

Thank you so much for your reply