• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does media go offline in Audition?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite often when opening a multi-track session in Audition, several clips appear offline and I have to go to Link Media to make them available.  However, the clips haven't moved and when I click Link Media the folder which is opened is the one containing the "missing" clip!

Why does Audition seem unable to keep hold of the clips in a multi-track session?

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the clips stored? Are they on a local hard drive in the computer or some form of external storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a local hard-drive, all are clips in the same directory.

My laptop has hybrid drives: apps on an SSD drive, data on a hard-disk.  Not sure if that explains the issue. 

One other theory is that most of the clips are MP3s and it takes Audition a few seconds to load each one.  I'm wonder if, after doing this a few times, it "times out" loading all the clips and essentially gives up.  Is there a setting I can adjust to allow more time for it to fully load up a session?

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you look at the contents of the SESX file, the file paths are near the bottom. We try to store both the absolute path as well as a relative path (relative to the location of the SESX file). When one doesn't have the file, then we use the other for a fallback. Sounds like there's something going on that I don't know about on your system. MP3 shouldn't matter.

Posting your SESX file and pointing out which files go off each time (assuming it is the same ones each time) might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines