• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 file keeps unsyncing when importing

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the video from my logitech c920 webcam and everytime I import the file the audio isnt synced up. It works fine when I play it outside of premiere. I also have a separate mic audio file that I am planning on using but everytime I sync it up to a certain point in the video it isn't in sync with the rest of the video. I think premiere is dropping frames. What can I do? I've tried deleting cache a million times and it doesn't work. Also I used VLC to try and covert it to a different type of video file and that worked a little it was in sync longer than 30 secs this time. I don't know what to do and it must be premiere that doing it because it works fine everywhere else.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordanns,

Sorry about your troubles.

Webcams and mobile phones capture videos at a variable framerate and Premiere Pro is not designed to handle these videos.

You can still use these videos, but you need to convert/transcode these videos to a constant framerate.

You can use handbrake and transcode your footage. Re-import footage in Premiere Pro after transcoding them.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This same thing is happening to me but I'm using footage recorded on the Canon C200. It's footage of an interview and the subject's audio is synced up in the original files, but when I put them into Premiere, I have to adjust the audio portion 3-5 frames forward to sync it back up.

Why might that be happening? @kulpreet singh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines