• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSML in Audition Generate -> speech window

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the generate speech functionality supports SSML - I have searched all the usual sources and can't find anything.  Thanks.

[Title updated to fix typo. — Mod.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting question, so I tried a few commands. I got it to run a sub alias correctly (I think) but other commands it appears to ignore completely. Perhaps the developers would like to comment on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to paste in many of the SSML XML examples and have them work on Windows 7 with "Microsoft Anna" as the voice.

Use SSML to Create Prompts and Control TTS (Microsoft Speech Platform)

Things that didn't work were things like <prosidy> but I would suspect that more recent voices like those from Windows 10 (e.g. "Microsoft David Desktop") might work better.

So I believe it works, and if something doesn't it is likely to be a combination of the OS as well as how the particular voice is implemented. We simply just pass the blob of text (either raw text or SSML) to the OS's TTS engine.

What sort of work are you doing that you need or are familiar with SSML?  Thanks for using the Generate Speech effect in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines