5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 6:18 AM by jenkinjj

Adobe Recommended GPU List - Out of Date

PhotogCda Level 1

The list Adobe has on its site of recommended cards for GPU acceleration is quite out of date.

If I want to look at a newer model card, are there specs that I can zone in on to ensure compatibility (e.g. # of CUDA cores/stream processors)?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adobe Recommended GPU List - Out of Date
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Use any new NVIDIA card with at least 2GB video RAM and at least 1100 CUDA cores it will be compatible.

• 2. Re: Adobe Recommended GPU List - Out of Date
            PhotogCda Level 1

I know any card, whether NVidia, or AMD, that has min 1GB of RAM will work.  That's not the issue.  The card I have has that.  It's the GPU acceleration that is the question.  Not all cards will allow for it.  I want to try to find a card that isn't 3-4 years old (Adobe's list), and unavailable.

For example, I can get a refurbed Radeon R9 380 at a reasonable price, but want to know that GPU acceleration will be available with it.

• 3. Re: Adobe Recommended GPU List - Out of Date
              Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes you wlll get GPU acceleration with that card but not as much as one of the newer nVidia GTX 1060 cards like the SC EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR

I liked it so much that I bought a second one.

• 4. Re: Adobe Recommended GPU List - Out of Date
                PhotogCda Level 1

Sure, of course. Newer cards, faster processors, etc., etc. That Radeon card was really just an example. More a case of wanting to find out what newer cards, not on the Adobe list, will work with GPU acceleration and if there's some specific feature, as noted in my original question, that can be relied upon as guidance when looking for a new card.

• 5. Re: Adobe Recommended GPU List - Out of Date
                  jenkinjj

I'm curious about this as well.  I'm thinking of getting the new GTX 1080 or 1070 and want to know whether or not the drivers for the new Pascal line of cards are supported by Premiere at this point.  All the power in the world does little good if the software support for that power hasn't caught up to the hardware yet.  All the forum posts I saw related to the 2015 version of CC, and it seemed like Pascal wasn't supported very well at that point.  Having a hard time finding info on the 2017 version of Premiere and AE, however.

Thanks for any insights!

-Justin