6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 4:07 PM by EvilBugQueen1

Turning Stock Preview Images to Licenced Images within Photoshop

Avenue Potter

Okay, I thought the whole point of having Adobe Stock "Deeply Integrated" with Photoshop through the Cloud Libraries was to make it easy to try out an image in your project and then licence it if it works for you. This is what the Adobe website claims: When you choose to license the asset—which you can do directly from within Photoshop—all instances of the watermarked asset in your open documents are updated to the high-resolution licensed asset.

How is this done?

NONE of the instructions on this site allow you to just update what is in your project already.

For example, this instruction doesn't work - not even if I open and close Photoshop in an attempt to "refresh" the project after noticing that the watermark is still there:

If you've been using a watermarked preview of the stock asset so far, right-click the asset in the Libraries panel of the desktop app and select Buy Image or Buy Video. Once you've licensed the asset, all instances of the watermarked asset in your open documents are automatically updated to the high-resolution licensed stock asset.

This doesn't work either: You can also save a licensed asset directly to a Creative Cloud Library from within the Adobe Stock website. Hover the mouse pointer over the License icon for the asset and then, in the context dialog, click the name of the library. Now, use the licensed image in your projects. (This does not automatically update the images your projects either)

Sure, you can download the licenced image to your computer or add it to the Library you are using for the project as mentioned above. But this does not update the image already IN your project (ie - remove the watermark). All of the work you did with the preview image is wasted and now has to be reapplied to the non-watermarked image to be used in your project.

This is very inconvenient because I do a lot of work just to see if the preview image will work for me and then having to start from scratch is frankly a pain in the butt.

Is there an easy way to do this - update automatically upon purchase of a licence without having to redo everything? If this is not a feature at this time I'd like to know when it will become available.

Thank you.

I am using Photoshop CC 2017 on a 64-bit computer running Win7 and have a subscription to Adobe Stock.