12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2017 4:16 PM by Roei Tzoref

After Effects Error: Keylight out of memory. (4) ( 25 :: 241)

epac513

Hey there, this is very frustrating.  I don't know of this is because of the update to After Effects CC 2017 or what...

I have been working for a client on a series of 'How To' videos shot in front of a green screen for the past year.  The files are all h.264 (not 422, which I wish they were), they have all been shot exactly the same, and there is nothing different except that I now have updated to After Effects 2017.  I use Keylight for my green screen needs.

Every once in awhile (frequency is random) this error shows up: 'After Effects Error: Keylight out of memory. (4) ( 25 :: 241)'

Now, thankfully, it never crashes the program.  I hit 'okay'... and then move on, until it happens again.  Same thing: hit okay and move on.  No crash. 

It's so frequent now that I am now just used to hitting the space bar twice to move on and it's become a routine.  Unfortunately, it's hard to get into a flow because of it and cannot find any updated information on how to get it to go away.

Again, I'm thankful this is only an annoying inconvenience, and not a problem....but any advice would be wonderful.  Or is this just an AE CC 2017 bug?  Thank you!

My computer specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Processor : 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Footage is 1920 x 1080p 29.97 frames h.264

After Effects CC 2017