• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Cancellation Fee and Auto-Renewals!!!!!

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rajashree,

I know you don't represent Adobe as a whole, but it's absolutely ridiculous how Adobe will refund renewals within a 14 day period for some but not for others. I'm within the same boat as a lot of others and it's very disheartening to see such a shady practice being implemented by Adobe. The terms clearly state "If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded." It's ridiculous that Adobe would claim this doesn't apply to renewals without signaling that out in the contract anywhere. Especially considering there isn't a "don't auto-renew" option. There's no other reason to have the system implemented like this other than to lock people into their renewals.

There's also a crazy level of inconsistency.  Here's a thread of a couple of people getting a refund within 14-days:

Auto Renewal Cancellation Within 14 Days

In this thread they even say that it's within the terms by stating "You are absolutely eligible for full refund if you contact us before 14 days .There is no exception required for the same."

If i cancel my automatic renewal within 14 days do i get a full refund?

Yet when I contact support, they tell me they can't issue a refund. That renewals don't have a grace period, even though it pretty much happened less than 24 hours ago. So which is it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jgonoc,

I went through the voices of discontent through the links you provided & as well yours, we can certainly raise this concerns to our policy makers to review. Thanks for your valuable feedback, Feature Request/Bug Report Form .

You may also pen your idea at Feature Request/Bug Report Form too as it is a platform to let our concern known to the concerned department.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rajashree Bhattacharya,

Is there anything you can do?  When I first signed up for the Adobe membership, there was NO mention of the cancellation fee nor a mention of an increase for the monthly membership fee after 1 year, and I read it very carefully. Then there were no warnings, no reminders and no notifications whatsoever about the increase in membership fee. Adobe did not notify me when the $19.99 would increase and never notified me when the subscription was due to be increased.  Adobe also did not notify me of how much the cancellation fee would be UNTIL AFTER I clicked the "cancel" button. By then it was too late to reverse any transaction. Customer service said it was "too late". Adobe charged me $149.95 cancellation fee with no recourse. I was on the phone with multiple customer service reps over a three day period to get a refund, reverse or waive the cancellation fee with no luck. I am very frustrated at these sneaky practices of Adobe. From all the complaints I've seen on these forums, this deceptive practices has gone on too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cz96407981,

We will certainly share the feedback with the concerned team so that our users do not face such situations. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Please feel free to personally message me in the case of any further issue.

I will be closing this thread now.

Thanks ^Raj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was signed up for the student plan for one year. After the year, the whole contract was auto renewed at $64.18. I don't know where that number came from, but ok. The auto renew renewed my contract for an additional year and I was just charged $256.71 for a cancellation fee- this is in the second year. I suppose you might read the language of the terms not to preclude this from happening, after all it says the price per month might be increased without notice and that the subscription would automatically renew might mean the whole contract would renew, but that would give you just 1 day to cancel it with no penalty. That doesn't make sense.

I spent over an hour in chat with someone which is worth more than the cancellation fee to try to get this back, but ultimately, its not worth it to me. It does make me want to bend over backwards to try to find any possible alternatives to Adobe products in the future, even though I love them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a support chat with this as the summary:

"I got an email saying my billing info was wrong and if I didn't update it my sub would be cancelled, which was fine because I dont use the programs anymore.  Dec 2015 I got an email about sub renewal but this last Dec I received no email so I thought we were done.  I just realized I am still getting billed monthly."

The representative said "hello".  I said " hello.  I would like to cancel my subscription but would like the cancellation fee waived for reasons mentioned in the summary."  She responded with "You would like help with canceling your account.  Is that correct?"  I replied with "Yes."  The representative then terminated the Chat.  I have pictures I can upload if necessary as proof.

I wanted to ask for a refund of all the money charged to me in the current years subscription,  but decided that might be a hassle so I simply asked to have my cancellation fee waived.  The next charge is 2/18, which is tomorrow, possibly at midnight.  If I do not get a response soon I will also need that charge refunded. 

I hope that someone can help me get this resolved.  Otherwise I am willing to dedicate time and energy to sharing these deceptive business practices all over the internet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still waiting for promised refund to appear on my credit card. This is after 8 months and multiple cases being opened with Adobe Support. On multiple occasions they assured me the account was canceled and that I would see no more charges. But the fraudulent charges still kept appearing. I talked to my Credit Card company and they said this does happen and they jumped right on it for me. I recommend getting your Credit Card Company involved otherwise enjoy paying your subscription for the rest of your life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines