• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 keeps freezing and shutting down my Mac.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Recently lightroom 6 has been freezing and shutting down all the time. I have taken my Mac in to a apple store and they could not find an issue with my Mac. I have been trying to uninstall lightroom and reinstall but it won't even let me uninstall. It says I need to download the adobe application manager or run the adobe cleaner. I have tried both but still no success. Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which lightroom version are you using and what is the OS version?

And after runing adobe cleaner tool you are still able to see lightroom in your application folder and able to open it ?

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Think I know what the problem is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the problem shuts down the computer, then you either have a hardware problem somewhere, or a bad/corrupted/out-of-date video driver. If possible, re-install your video driver making sure you have the latest version. Otherwise, it could be a bad fan causing the CPU to overheat, or bad motherboard or bad memory or just about any other component in your computer. I don't care that Apple said the computer was fine, if it's not the video driver then you have a hardware problem somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeh true, I reckon it's the logic board. Apple replaced it just over 3 months ago with a "new" one. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines