3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2006 7:46 AM by Newsgroup_User

Animation Help

bullynj
      Im sure this is a silly question, but I wondered how you make glitter words with fireworks? Could anyone point me in the right direction? I want to make the word Links in red glitter. I made objects move and stuff, but cant seem to find how you do this.
        • 1. Re: Animation Help
          Level 7
          bullynj wrote:

> Im sure this is a silly question, but I wondered how you make glitter words
          > with fireworks? Could anyone point me in the right direction? I want to make
          > the word Links in red glitter. I made objects move and stuff, but cant seem to
          > find how you do this.

Try adding noise to the image ([+] > Add Noise), readjusting the amount
          of noise on each frame.

--
          Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          • 2. Re: Animation Help
            bullynj Level 1
            I looked everywhere for noise on the fireworks 4 which is what I have, but I cannot fidn it! I did figure out how to make an object move, coculd you tell me how to control the speed of the object?
            • 3. Re: Animation Help
              Level 7
              bullynj wrote:

> I looked everywhere for noise on the fireworks 4 which is what I have, but I cannot fidn it! I did figure out how to make an object move, coculd you tell me how to control the speed of the object?

Yup. There is no noise filter in FW4.

Try this instead.

Type out the text and then draw a rectangle over it.

Add the "Aggregate" pattern to the rectangle.

Click on the Paint Bucket tool to bring up the fill adjustment bars, and
              then slide both square handles toward the pivot point to create a
              sparkley looking pattern.

With the pattern filled rectangle still selected, click on the scissors
              icon on the main toolbar to cut the rectangle to the system clipboard.

Click on the text to select it, and then choose Edit > Paste Inside.

Apply the Inner Bevel live filter ([+] > Bevel and Emboss > Inner
              Bevel). Adjust the settings as you desire.

Make a clone of the image (Edit > Clone), and hide the clone by clicking
              on the eye icon in the Layers panel. This step is just to save a back up
              copy.

Select the original image and Choose Modify > Convert to bitmap.

Return to the live filters menu [+] and choose Adjust color > Brightness
              contrast. Move the Contrast slider to about 78.

Next, use the Adjust Color > Color Fill effect and add the color of your
              choice. Set the blend mode to Tint, and the opacity to around 50%.

To make it appear to sparkle in the animation, try adjusting the amount
              of contrast from frame to frame.

To control the speed of the animation, double click on the frame title
              in the Frames panel to open a Frame delay dialog box. You can also set
              frame delays in the Export Preview window.

--
              Linda Rathgeber [PVII] **Adobe Community Expert**
              --------------------------------------------------------------
              http://www.projectseven.com
              Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
              CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
              Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
              --------------------------------------------------------------