6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2016 1:19 PM by m_vargas

Flash Player Download Error?

kenbenes_68

I attempted several times to update as well as uninstall/reinstall Adobe Flash Player after receiving this  post saying I could no longer access Facebook or YouTube without update. I  can access up to page that says "Download" but then it says The following: "HTTP 404 website cannot be found." Is anyone else having this issue or can I be directed to an alternate source to gain access to latest version?

Thank You for your Time

• 1. Re: Flash Player Download Error?
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

What operating system (including version) and browser (including version) is this happening on?   What do you mean by "after receiving this  post saying I could no longer access Facebook or YouTube without update"?   What post are you referring to?  Posting a screenshot of the post (if possible) would be great. See How do I attach a screenshot?

--

Maria

• 2. Re: Flash Player Download Error?
            kenbenes_68 Level 1

I'm a bit novice when it comes to some of this stuff so you'll need to

break it down alittle more for me to understand what you're asking. What

operating system (including version) I'm going to guess at it. PC/windows 8

64bit. The Browser is easy, I've tried IE,Chrome,& Firefox all gave same

result, When I attempt to log into Facebook, I get a big pop up stating I

cannot access the site due to outdated browser that needs update. included

in the pop up is the get.adobe.com link, I can gain access to this link and

go to Adobe Flash Player download page. Now the problem, when I click on

"Download Now" I get moved to a page stating "The Web page not found."

I'm including three screen shots in the order I received them.

• 3. Re: Flash Player Download Error?
              kenbenes_68 Level 1

I'm a bit novice when it comes to some of this stuff so you'll need to

break it down alittle more for me to understand what you're asking. What

operating system (including version) I'm going to guess at it. PC/windows 8

64bit. The Browser is easy, I've tried IE,Chrome,& Firefox all gave same

result, When I attempt to log into Facebook, I get a big pop up stating I

cannot access the site due to outdated browser that needs update. included

in the pop up is the get.adobe.com link, I can gain access to this link and

go to Adobe Flash Player download page. Now the problem, when I click on

"Download Now" I get moved to a page stating "The Web page not found."

I'm including three screen shots in the order I received them.

• 4. Re: Flash Player Download Error?
                m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

There are no screenshots attached.  If you replied by email, the forums don't accept email attachments.  Please see the FAQ How do I attach a screenshot?  for instructions on how to include a screenshot with your post.  The screenshots will be extremely helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

--

Maria

• 5. Re: Flash Player Download Error?
                  kenbenes_68 Level 1

Ok, going to stop all this ahead of time. screen shots should not be needed

when I have already explained what has happened. I have read where others

are going through the exact same thing I am and someone who shows to be a

staff member has stated there was a glitch in the system. If I was unclear

before all that needs done is to attempt to upgrade or install the Adobe

Flash Player and when you get to download page and click "Download Now", it

will then give a page saying "cannot acess"(going through Chrome) or "Web

page not found  HTTP 404". If this is of little help then I apologize for

bringing this up to begin with.

Thank you

• 6. Re: Flash Player Download Error?
                    m_vargas Adobe Employee

Are the screenshots posted here Adobe Flash Player blocking Facebook and Youtube  the same as what you are seeing?