3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 7:28 PM by briank99751229

Connection Error Detected Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server

miriamw88211816

Connection Error Detected Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server

I keep getting this when i try to access my library resources. it's not the library because I actually have another account completely unrelated to the library accounts that is giving the same message.I am connected to the internet or would not be able to post this. I have unauthorized,uninstalled (completely down to the registry) ADE from my computer then reinstalled and reauthorized ADE and still get the same message. I have tried every fix "support" has given me and bee shrugged off with the same answer over and over again.

I tried the chat and been shrugged off here.

Despite suggestions from your support people there is nothing wrong with me or my computer.

There is something horribly wrong with Adobe - a company that can't seem to create a single software without adding their own bit of apathetic corporate sadism into the programming.

1. I've reported Adobe to the Better Business Bureau

2. and I'm going to report them to the Monopolies Commission for hijacking our libraries and refusing to give any service

and that's just for starters

• 1. Re: Connection Error Detected Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server
          briank99751229 Level 1

I have had same experience.

Overdrive library system changed format from epub books to ACSM.  My digital editions 3.0 would not recognize the file or open it.  I installed version 4.5.2 which did see it but still could not open.  I tried to de-authorize (with plan to re-authorize) but option was greyed out.  Went through the reg editing steps and succeeded in de-authorizing but now cannot re-authorize because it says it cannot "connect to the activation server"  and thinks I am not inline which I obviously am.

Chat personnel are useless - wasted my time and sent em to forums.

HELP!!!

• 2. Re: Connection Error Detected Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server
            pieceofjunk

I could not agree more.  This software is frustrating.  I can no longer open any downloaded books from my library.

• 3. Re: Connection Error Detected Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfillment server
              briank99751229 Level 1

Success!!!!!

None of the prior steps helped me at all.  However, what I just did that worked was to delete ALL versions of ADE on my computer and reinstall version 4.0. 

I had updated from v3.0 to v4.5.2 to deal with the ASCM files type but got in the same endless loop of failure to authorize or failure to connect to authentication server, both errors (falsely) suggesting I was not connect to the internet.

The registry editing, DE-authorizing/re-authorizing, shutting down windows firewall/Norton antivirus etc. just cycled me through these error messages without solving the problem. 

I don't even know when v4.0 was downloaded or if it was automatic at some point, but by uninstalling v3.0 and v4.5 and selectively installing v4.0 everything worked the way it should.

I must say I found the chat people with whom you connect when you click the Help tab in ADE was worthless (actually worse than worthless since the snarkily pointed out it was free if necessary software and therefor not supported) and the Forum articles simply cycled me through useless and sometimes scary (deactivating all my PC's security features) steps without resolving the problem.

V4.0 works as it should.   Now I just have to figure out how to assure it will not auto-update and put me back in server failure hell.

Hope this helps others.  Good Luck out there...

1 person found this helpful