• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Level adjuster disappeared in After Effects layer

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I need help to view and use the Audio Levels adjuster that lets you go from -48 to +48...  This option is no longer available in my project... Can anyone help?

Screenshot 2016-12-07 14.45.22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no audio on that layer. Double check the file in the project panel and look at the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick thanks for your prompt reply.  I can confirm the linked MP4 has audio and this is the same for any layer that is video or audio. I can see the Waveform so there is audio, but I can't adjust the audio level on the layer. I used to be able to see a little slider that allowed me to changed the audio -48 to 48+ but it has disappeared. I wonder if there is a quick preference fix to get it back?  I'm at a loss. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have hidden the modes / switches column in the timeline. None of the values are visible. Fix it by right clicking in the column bar at the top and select Switches or modes. You could also just press F4 or toggle the switches/modes column with the timeline column icons at the bottom of the timeline. You might also be able to just reset your workspace.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 8.21.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 8.18.44 PM.png

Also, the layer you are showing has no audio...

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 8.09.15 PM.png

If you check the file in the project panel you should not see an indication of audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TenacyMedia,

Did Rick's response help you out? Let us know.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines