6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2016 1:10 PM by pv82791565

Error:Check Activation

judyb22643578

Trying to download a book from the library and Error:Check Activiation keeps popping up?

• 1. Re: Error:Check Activation
          Nanaky Level 5

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

• 2. Re: Error:Check Activation
            Seve Jr.

Dear Nanaky,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but I'm going to apologize as I am not a computer master so I need some clarification on your response.

First, I have Windows 7.  When I click in the 'Start' box and type 'run', it does not give me a choice of 'regedit'.  Do I just type that in?

Now assuming I get to the line in your instructions where you state 'In the Export Registry file....', you state 'select Selected Branch under export Range. enter a name and location for the backup registry key and click Save'.  I have no idea what 'name and location' I'm supposed to type for the 'backup registry key'?  what should I type for this?

Next, you state 'right click the Adept key'.  Will this 'key' be apparent?

How do you 'close the Registry Editor'?  Will there be a 'x' in the upper right hand corner?

Sorry I'm so 'ignorant.

• 3. Re: Error:Check Activation
              Nanaky Level 5

In the Open text box under start type regedit and then press Enter. Then open the registry.

• 4. Re: Error:Check Activation
                Seve Jr. Level 1

Dear Nanaky,

Your answer does not fully answer my second reply to you.  What do I type in the ‘Selected Branch under Export Range’ for a name and location for the backup registry key?  Sorry I’m not sharp on MSDOS stuff.

Cordially,

Randy

• 5. Re: Error:Check Activation
                  Nanaky Level 5

The Place and the name is the no matter.

• 6. Re: Error:Check Activation
                    pv82791565

Removing the key through regedit works, although it was on a different location on my windows 10 computer.

I searched for the key that I found in ADE, in

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-{very long code} ...\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adept\Activation

There I could succesfully delete the key and after that I could reinstall it.