First of all check if that is really text or converted to outlines. When you go into outline mode, real text stays blck.
Then check if the layer is locked.
Then check in the preferences if "Type object selection by path only" is turned on. If so, turn it off.
I can't seem get into outline mode, could it be the version of InDesign that I'm currently on?
Also, there seems to be only 1 layer and it is not locked.
Thank you for taking the time to reply!
I must of clicked illustrator by accident, I'm working on In Design. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
No worries, Shirley. But that explains why you couldn't find Outline view.
Did you already choose Object > Unlock all on Spread?
The next scenarios are:
- The text is on a Master Page;
- The text was converted to outlines in InDesign; or
- the text appears as part of an image including on the InDesign page
If you aren't sure how to test any of these scenarios, come back and let us know.
That looks like it is part of the footer.
- Window > Pages
- Double click on A-Master at the very top of the panel and see if you can change it there.
- When you are done, double click page 1 in the pages panel to return to the body pages.
This will give you a start on understanding Master pages. If you google the topic, you will find lots of other good resources.
Learn how to use master pages in InDesign
That was absolutely helpful! Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Happy holidays to you, Shirley.