• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd display in Audition CC

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just subscribed to Audition CC a few days ago, and have been using it for audio recording and editing without problem. But yesterday, I found I could not display a simple waveform, single-track window for recording and editing. Instead, I'm seeing something that looks like multitrack (lots of tracks), though waveform was activated. Did I just click something accidentally that changed the view? I've searched through the menus and can't find any way to change it back.  What am I missing here?

I'm working on an iMac with El Capitan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Your screenshot shows that Audition thinks that you have opened a 5.1 surround multichannel audio file. Did you start by opening a New audio file and accidentally choose 5.1 format? Go to File/New/Audio File and make sure that it says Stereo in the Channels box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click on the Waveform icon at the top left of the screen just under the title bar. Are you seeing your loaded/recorded waveform OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you're describing, the other possibility is that you're in Waveform view but you are only seeing the spectral part of the display. If that's the case, then there will be a small handle at the top in the middle that you can drag down to reveal the waveform again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 4.18.13 PM.pngWaveform is highlighted, and so is spectral view.  I can see both, but they are tiny lines like separate tracks among many others. I can't figure out what to click to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your screenshot shows that Audition thinks that you have opened a 5.1 surround multichannel audio file. Did you start by opening a New audio file and accidentally choose 5.1 format? Go to File/New/Audio File and make sure that it says Stereo in the Channels box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines