• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Desktop sync to Mobile: sorting of collections is not the same

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a collection made in Lightroom Desktop, which I sorted by file name (00_imageXXX / 01_imageXXX / 02_imageXXX / etc).

This collection is automatically synced with my iPad, but there in Lightroom Mobile, the sorting order is different, as in showing the pictures in order of making-date. I know I can change that manually on the iPad, but with collections with a lot of pictures, that's a lot of extra (and double) work. Why isn't the sorting order synced ?

I can't find anything about this problem, so I must do something wrong... please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Bingo! I found it: at the Ipad (Lightroom Mobile) there are 2 ways to see a collection: "Flat" or "Segmented". No idea what the benefits are, but it makes a difference in the possibilties to sort. If you look the "Flat" way, then you have the possibilty to sort by "Capture Time", "Modified Date", "File name", "Custom Order" and "Most Liked". If you look the "Segmented" way, you can only sort by "Cature Time" or "Modified Date".

Why on earth is this so difficult to find? It took me a whole day to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you're doing anything wrong -- the current sort order is synced.  You can post feedback and feature requests here: Lightroom for mobile | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with "current sort order"? I've changed the sorting order on the desktop, but that order is not synchronised to my iPad. Why have the possiblity to change the sorting on the desktop, but not to be synchronized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, typo: I mean to say, "the current sort order is not synced."  That's why I recommend you post a feature request at the link I provided.  That's where Adobe wants all product feedback -- product developers generally don't pay attention to this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo! I found it: at the Ipad (Lightroom Mobile) there are 2 ways to see a collection: "Flat" or "Segmented". No idea what the benefits are, but it makes a difference in the possibilties to sort. If you look the "Flat" way, then you have the possibilty to sort by "Capture Time", "Modified Date", "File name", "Custom Order" and "Most Liked". If you look the "Segmented" way, you can only sort by "Cature Time" or "Modified Date".

Why on earth is this so difficult to find? It took me a whole day to find this out.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines