Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing issue: NOOK says user not activated

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my issue started with a "Check activation" error on my ADE program upon downloading 2 books from the public library. I fixed it by deauthorizing ADE through Windows "regedit", then made the problem worse.

I couldn't recall my adobeID password so reauthorized ADE without an account. As a result I then could read the 2 new library DRM books I had just downloaded again but not open them on my NOOK. So I deauthorized ADE again, got a new PW for Adobe, and reauthorized ADE again with my original ADE account.

Now I get a "lic already used by other user" error for the 2 books (because they are prob. licensed to the nonAdobe account now) while another new book I downloaded to test opens fine on ADE but NOOK says "user not activated".

It seems like my NOOK doesn't recognize that I am back in the old Adobe account... and I don't know how to reactivate that.

Please help me, I am unable to read new things on my NOOK now, severely frustrated and running out of ideas how to fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?