3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 1:39 PM by neebster2020

Best way to output HDMI from timeline?

neebster2020 Level 1

Am in the process of upgrading my PC and part of that was going to include moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  However I have just discovered that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for my Matrox O2 Mini which I use to output a HDMI signal from Premiere to a TV monitor.

So what does everyone else do to monitor their timeline?

Do you just use a computer monitor and set it to full screen?  I was never very happy with that solution.

Has anyone tried the Matrox O2 Mini with the latest drivers with Windows 10 and Premiere CC2015?

All advice welcome.

• 1. Re: Best way to output HDMI from timeline?
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What graphics card do you have or will be getting?

My GTX 1060 SC (EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR) has:

1. HDMI 2.0b,
          2. DisplayPort 1.4
          3. and Dual-Link DVI

What more would you want?

• 2. Re: Best way to output HDMI from timeline?
            RoninEdits Most Valuable Participant

some use blackmagic or aja i/o cards, the blackmagic are somewhat cheaper and work with davinci resolve for a bonus. some are using mercury transmit setting in premiere to have the regular video card send full screen to another monitor too.

• 3. Re: Best way to output HDMI from timeline?
              neebster2020 Level 1

I'm looking to get a GTX 1070 for my new PC build.  It has:

• 3 x DisplayPort 1.4
              • 1 x DVI-D DL
              • 1 x HDMI 2.0b

The card supports 4 concurrent displays, so as I have three computer monitors and one TV, it should work.

However I guess I like the fact that my current system, using the Matrox O2 Mini, gives me a clean output without having to worry about setting windows in Premiere or After Effects to be full screen.  I feel that using a proper TV output card should make sure that the aspect ratio, etc. is set correctly.

If I can't get the Matrox to work with Windows 10 and the CC suite, then it looks like the Black Magic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor might be a good choice.  It outputs uncompressed 10-bit video to one HDMI and one SDI connector.  Roughly £115.