Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to output HDMI from timeline?

Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am in the process of upgrading my PC and part of that was going to include moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  However I have just discovered that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for my Matrox O2 Mini which I use to output a HDMI signal from Premiere to a TV monitor.

So what does everyone else do to monitor their timeline?

Do you just use a computer monitor and set it to full screen?  I was never very happy with that solution.

Has anyone tried the Matrox O2 Mini with the latest drivers with Windows 10 and Premiere CC2015?

All advice welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics card do you have or will be getting?

My GTX 1060 SC (EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR) has:

1. HDMI 2.0b,
  2. DisplayPort 1.4
  3. and Dual-Link DVI

What more would you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some use blackmagic or aja i/o cards, the blackmagic are somewhat cheaper and work with davinci resolve for a bonus. some are using mercury transmit setting in premiere to have the regular video card send full screen to another monitor too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking to get a GTX 1070 for my new PC build.  It has:

• 3 x DisplayPort 1.4
  • 1 x DVI-D DL
  • 1 x HDMI 2.0b

The card supports 4 concurrent displays, so as I have three computer monitors and one TV, it should work.

However I guess I like the fact that my current system, using the Matrox O2 Mini, gives me a clean output without having to worry about setting windows in Premiere or After Effects to be full screen.  I feel that using a proper TV output card should make sure that the aspect ratio, etc. is set correctly.

If I can't get the Matrox to work with Windows 10 and the CC suite, then it looks like the Black Magic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor might be a good choice.  It outputs uncompressed 10-bit video to one HDMI and one SDI connector.  Roughly £115.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines