• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I rotoscoped my file and cut it to timeline length all files are visable with eye just not in timeline.

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

I rotoscoped this image. When I cut timeline to composition length all my other files became invisible with the eyeball still selected. The fire layer in the second picture is one example of an invisible layer.Capture.PNG Fire.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

o.k good hold it right there. the tutorial instructions probably tell you that because it's assuming you have one layer in your timeline and probably instruct you to work efficiently to just the duration you need. that's a lot of assumptions on my part and since I don't know which tutorial is it, it could also be bad or unneeded workflow instructions (because every one can make a tutorial). this trim may not be necessary (more about it later). but to achieve a trimmed comp to the duration of yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears your layers in the timeline are far back as if you trimmed the duration to the work area that was forward in time after your layers end points. this is quite messy. first thing I would try is hit multiple undo's to when you had your layers visible in the timeline. if Undo's won't cut it (you go 99 undo's unless you cleared all it manually) the hopefully you are keeping backups and auto-save of your project files, now is the time to see if you have the most recent project file before this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reverted back to a saved copy of the project. Now I have to rotoscoped again. When my tutorial instructs me to trim layer to composition length. That's when all the other files vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG santa clip.PNGWhere the time indicator is is the clip I need to trim down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.k good hold it right there. the tutorial instructions probably tell you that because it's assuming you have one layer in your timeline and probably instruct you to work efficiently to just the duration you need. that's a lot of assumptions on my part and since I don't know which tutorial is it, it could also be bad or unneeded workflow instructions (because every one can make a tutorial). this trim may not be necessary (more about it later). but to achieve a trimmed comp to the duration of your footage when it's already in another composition with other assests, you can  just precomp the footage ctrl+alt+c and choose this:

this will create a composition with just that footage and adjust the duration to the trim. inside you can make the roto work if you want. I am not even sure you need to trim it, unless you plan to composite things inside making this a composite shot that will be easier to focus on if it's in it's own composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked thanks for the help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines