6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2006 8:47 PM by Captiv8r

Animated background

alexDan
      How can i set an animation as a background so the animation plays while the slide is stopped.
      Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Animated background
          Boxing Boom Level 1
          Hi,

Yes, I have posted similiar questions about this issue; however all Team Members seem a little shy on answering. When a slide is paused the animation freezes, why? Team Members we need your expertise.

Regards,

Boxing Boom
          • 2. Re: Animated background
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi all

I know it can be done, as this is exactly the behavior we see when we use one of the Captivate supplied animations found in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Captivate\Gallery\SWF Animation

Although I don't believe it was received well, I believe I suggested that since the source .FLA files are included with these beasties, AND since they don't seem to pause when the Captivate movie is paused, that one might be able to examine the .FLA to see what was done that allowed the animation to continue looping.

Sorry, but I'm just not Flash savvy enough at this stage in my Flash knowledge to tell anyone how it is achieved. I simply know this is how these animations behave and can only assume that dissecting the .FLA would quite possibly provide clues.

Cheers... Rick
            • 3. Re: Animated background
              Hi Boxing Boom

Yes, I have posted similiar questions about this issue; however all Team Members seem a little shy on answering. When a slide is paused the animation freezes, why? Team Members we need your expertise.

Keep in mind that one can be an "expert" in a single product. So there are people that are experts in Flash, that may not know a thing about Captivate. Likewise, there are those of us that know Captivate quite well, but simply aren't versed in Flash. And believe it or not, there are actually those of us out there that feel Captivate more often than not stands quite well on its own without any need to delve into Flash to expand upon what it can do.

Keep in mind that I'm not trying to slam you for what you asked and say that you are one of a few folks that simply views Captivate as a "nifty Flash add on". I'm simply pointing out that Flash and Captivate are two totally different animals with quite often, two totally different user bases.

I guess I can only compare this to piano players and piano tuners. I think it's probably common to see a person that tunes pianos that can't play them well. Likewise, I'm guessing it's probably quite common to encounter people that can play beautifully, yet not have the faintest clue as to how to go about tuning the instrument.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Animated background
                Boxing Boom Level 1
                Hi Rick,

Yes I agree, with what you are saying. However, Captivate is linked to Flash, its documentation says so. But ya sure your totally right about piano players and tuners in respect to users of various technologies. We all could do with some savvy Flash folk on this forum, that would be great for all. Rick have a nice day, and weekend.

Regards,

Boxing Boom
                • 5. Re: Animated background
                  BeachWriter
                  So is captivate a Flash file or not?
                  • 6. Re: Animated background
                    Hi BeachWriter

Hmmm, seems an odd question. But here goes.

Captivate, the application, is NOT a Flash file. It is a Windows application consisting of an Executable linked to many different .DLL files. Now the OUTPUT from Captivate is typically a Flash file. Output can consist of a pair of files (one in .SWF format (the Flash file) and one in HTML format (used to display the .SWF file). Or... it can consist of a singular file in .EXE format. The .EXE format has the Flash player embedded inside the file and is intended to be used if the Flash player isn't installed or if it is unknown as to whether the player is installed or not.

Hope this helps some... Rick :)