3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 9:39 AM by Gary__F

Crashes when splashscreen appears

Gary__F Level 1

Hi. I've got an app in the app stores and it works well but lacked iPhone 6 support for the splashscreen and icons. I created new icons and splashscreens and added them to config.xml but now the new TestFlight build often closes as soon as the splashscreen appears on my iPhone 5c and iPad Mini. (The only 2 Apple devices I have) No errors are shown. Also the iPad Mini Retina shows the default PGB icon for push notifications and in the task switcher which it never did before. I don't have a Mac so I can't plug in the devices to debug.

Is there anything wrong with this section of my config file which is the only section I changed? I haven't changed any actual code.

<!-- ICONS -->

<platform name="ios">

<icon src="icons/icon-57.png" width="57" height="57" />

<icon src="icons/icon-58.png" width="58" height="58" />

<icon src="icons/icon-72.png" width="72" height="72" />

<icon src="icons/icon-76.png" width="76" height="76" />

<icon src="icons/icon-87.png" width="87" height="87" />

<icon src="icons/icon-120.png" width="120" height="120" />

<icon src="icons/icon-144.png" width="144" height="144" />

<icon src="icons/icon-152.png" width="152" height="152" />

<icon src="icons/icon-180.png" width="180" height="180" />

</platform>

<platform name="android">

<icon src="icons/icon-36.png" density="ldpi" />

<icon src="icons/icon-48.png" density="mdpi" />

<icon src="icons/icon-72.png" density="hdpi" />

<icon src="icons/icon-92.png" density="xhdpi" />

<icon src="icons/icon-144.png" density="xxhdpi" />

<icon src="icons/icon-192.png" density="xxxhdpi" />

</platform>

<icon src="icons/icon-64.png" />

<!-- SPLASH SCREEN -->

<platform name="ios">

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen640x960.png" width="320" height="480"/>

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen640x960.png" width="640" height="960" />

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen1024x768.png" width="1024" height="768"/>

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen768x1024.png" width="768" height="1024" />

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen640x1136.png" width="640" height="1136" />

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen750x1334.png" width="750" height="1334"/>

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen1242x2208.png" width="1242" height="2208"/>

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen2208x1242.png" width="2208" height="1242"/>

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen1536x2048.png" width="1536" height="2048"/>

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen2048x1536.png" width="2048" height="1536"/>

</platform>

<platform name="android">

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen480x800.png" density="hdpi" />

<splash src="splashscreens/splashscreen720x960.png" density="xhdpi" />

</platform>

<splash src="splash.png" />

<preference name="LoadingDialog" value="Hang on a moment..."/>

<preference name="show-splash-screen-spinner" value="true" />

<preference name="auto-hide-splash-screen" value="true" />

<preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="2000" />

<preference name="SplashScreenBackgroundColor" value="#ffffff" />

<preference name="SplashMaintainAspectRatio" value="true" />

<preference name="FadeSplashScreen" value="false" />

Thanks in advance.

Gary.

• 1. Re: Crashes when splashscreen appears
          VectorP Level 4

Is there anything wrong with this section of my config file which is the only section I changed?

The syntax is correct. Can't tell whether or not the contents of your config is correct, because based on the given information, there's no way to check file names, file sizes, paths, presence of the proper plugins/versions, Phonegap version, etc..

• 2. Re: Crashes when splashscreen appears
            kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

@OP, have you pinned your platform and plugin dependencies? If not, then it's entirely possible you picked up newer versions of plugins/platforms that your code doesn't expect.

Also, you say the app closes as soon as the splash appears -- is this immediate or a split-second after the image appears? Try removing the splashscreen plugin to rule that out as being the problem. If the app still crashes, then the issue is somewhere else.

• 3. Re: Crashes when splashscreen appears
              Gary__F Level 1

kerrishotts, No I haven't specified any plugin versions as I thought it was best to always use the latest versions. You raise a good point. The app closes the second the splash appears where normally it would appear for 2 to 3 seconds. I will remove the plugin as a test. Thank you.

VectorP, I will double check the file names and image sizes just in case of human error. Thanks.