9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2016 10:06 PM by Monica Singh

InDesign CC 2017 slowdown, reason discovered

ubishere Level 1

I have created a new simpler video showing the slow redraw problem in Adobe CC InDesign 2017, but surely this should have been picked up by testers before release, I hope software companies dont expect their customers to do the testing for them nowdays on products that are not really ready for release?

The video link below shows duplicating text boxes, grouping them and then cutting and pasting the boxes. You can see how slow it gets, if others would like to perform the same test on their machines then please go ahead and let me know if you suffered from the same slowdown.

Screen Recording - Sendvid

It's just some boxes on a page for Goodness sake, I would have laughed my head off 15 years ago if I could have looked into the future and seen layout software in 2017 drawing boxes on a page this slowly in an age of supercomputers as standard!

The computer performing the above test is getting on a bit now, but can run other software just fine.

Other software was not running -  InDesign preferences were all turned to minimum

Font managment plugins are unistalled

Advanced type functions turned off.

Typekit is off

4.1 Mac Pro upgraded to 5.1 running El Capitan

32GB ram

500GB SSD

3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB