3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 6:43 AM by rolllex

Uninstall Lightroom CC trial version

miket76818740

I installed the trial version of Lightroom cc 2015 and left my Lightroom 5 installed. I have decided I dont want the CC version 6 and just want too upgrade my original Lightroom 5 to Lightroom 6 standalone version. Since I left my original Lightroom 5 alone, How can I uninstall the trial CC version of lightroom 6? I need your help, please. Step by step, I'm not to computer literate. This is all so confusing to me.

• 1. Re: Uninstall Lightroom CC trial version
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

You do not have to uninstall the CC version.

LR 6 and CC are exactly the same program. the difference comes from how you Sign In.

Sign in with an Adobe ID that IS associated with a subscription and it becomes the CC version.

Sign in with an Adobe ID that isn't and never has been associated with a subscription and you are prompted to enter a serial number and it becomes the 6 version.

So all you have to do is have an Adobe ID that isn't and has never been used for a subscription and Sign In with that then enter the serial number.

So if you Signed in then Sign Out then Sign back in and you should get a prompted to enter the serial number you received after you buy the stand alone 6 version.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Uninstall Lightroom CC trial version
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC are the same program, installed with the same installer. There is a difference in features based on how the program is activated/registered. If you register it as Lightroom 6 then you won't have the dehaze filter and other new features that have been added since Lightroom 6 was released. But it IS the very same program.

• 3. Re: Uninstall Lightroom CC trial version
              rolllex

It doesnt work to uninstall Lightroom the normal way, I get an error message (in swedish):uninstalllightroom.gif

I have Windows 10, and it´s Lightroom 6.10.1