Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 - Text entry box, variable issue - HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently testing a new project in Captivate 9 where we need to be able to capture the information from a text entry box that is auto submitted based on a set number of characters typed. The text entry box information should be visible on the next slide (using relevant variable name in text caption).

This works fine when previewed in browser (swf output), but fails when using HTML5 preview. Works fine in HTML5 if I turn off Auto Submit and use key press submission instead (which is unfortunately not a suitable solution in this case).

Any ideas or suggestions anyone has on how to get around this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Catherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Then I suggest you log it as a bug with Adobe.  It should work the same way in both HTML5 and SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sound like you would need to have the value so far entered into the TEB's associated variable evaluated automatically when a given number of characters had been entered.

See this screenshot which shows a TEB set to automatically evaluate an entered text as soon as it reaches the maximum allowed number of characters.

teb_auto.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, I appreciate the advice.

Yes, I definitely need to use the Auto Submit function in conjunction with the maximum length field, unfortunately this is where I have been hitting the problem with HTML5 output. For some reason it is not capturing the text entered into the TEB and passing to the associated variable (works fine in SWF output only breaks in HTML5).

If however I turn this function off and submit using a button or another key the HTML5 output works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I suggest you log it as a bug with Adobe.  It should work the same way in both HTML5 and SWF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Catherine,

I seem to have run into the same issue with Captivate 2017. If you advance to the next slide using any action, the variable value will show up. But it won't show up in HTML5 with Auto Submit alone advancing to the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources