5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 7:03 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Size problem when saving images on iPad pro

RaquelBenmergui

H!

An old problem has resurfaced.

I am an experienced user of Illustrator Draw App and now an old sizing problem has come back.

When you try to save your image drawn on a large ipad pro it reads it as if the screen were the smaller or normal iPad screen.

So although I see the entire image on my screen, when saved it is cut off. I must first zoom out of my image in illustrator draw so that I make it small, then I can enlarge it again as a saved image.

This problem has not existeD for a while but now it is back.

BR,

Raquel

• 1. Re: Size problem when saving images on iPad pro
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Raquel.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. And sorry about your art being saved incorrectly. I have a couple of questions for you:

What version of Draw are you using?

What version of iOS are you using?

Is this happening with all of your drawings or just those that were created in a previous version of the app?

Please let me know and we'll go from there.

Sure.

• 2. Re: Size problem when saving images on iPad pro
            RaquelBenmergui Level 1

IMG_3256.PNGIMG_3260.PNG

Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using version 4.0.2

I tested it and this problem is with ALL files create before and after your last update.

When the iPad pro is in portrait position, he width does not seem to be a problem but the height of the image will be cut off at the top and bottom.

If I leave the image in portrait position, but turn the iPad pro to landscape (and the image itself does not move so it is just on Its side) the image seems to save without the height cut off.

All images export fine to illustrator. This just happens when i want to save the image onto the iPad.

I attached 2 images.

1. Shows how it the image is cut off in portrait mode.

2. The iPad is turned on its side, but the image remains in portrait. Doing his saves the image fine.

I hope this is clear.

This was a problem in the past, but it has now returned with the last update.

BR,

raquel

• 3. Re: Size problem when saving images on iPad pro

Raquel.

Thanks for the screenshots; they're always really helpful. Right after I posted I checked in with one of our engineers about this. It sounds, as you alluded to, that it's a bug.

Nevertheless, I've sent him your additional information (and screenshots). I suspect they'll begin work on a fix for it but I'll know more as soon as I hear back from him.

Thanks for your help with this.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Size problem when saving images on iPad pro
                justme55555

I have the same issue.

• 5. Re: Size problem when saving images on iPad pro

Hi JustMe (and Raquel),

Sorry for taking so long with a respond. Our engineer did tell me that code changes in the next release of the app should resolve this issue.

Since there's a bit of time before that happens, if when you create a drawing with the device in Landscape (or Portrait) mode then change the orientation before saving to Photos and that results in a cropped image, as Raquel suggested, make sure to save the image to Photos in the same orientation it was in when the document was created. That should save the image correctly.

At any rate, I wanted to let you know that the team is aware of the issue and that it will be fixed. Thanks for your patience with this.

Sue.