• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing Muse starter file Exposure problems

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started my new muse portfolio site by using the "Exposure" starter files. I wanted to make sure the site was responsive and after reading one of the tutorials I changed the site properties from fixed to fluid width with Maximum page Width 1200.  Exposure has it set at fixed width with Max page Width set at 1160. I didn't realize I'd created a potential problem until I tried to delete the arrows in the top slideshow. Now I can't see them in Design mode but they show up in preview with one large arrow and one small. Tried to fix this by copy and pasting the previous version of my site's top slideshow so I could at least have decent looking arrows and noticed that the original version is 375 pixels wider.

1. Are the Exposure starter files already responsive?

2. What is the next step I should take to correct the site for Ipad and Iphone?

3. I've done a lot of the Muse tutorials on the Adobe site as well as Lynda.com (see below) but haven't seen a tutorial that takes you past the very basic tips on the Starter file page. What am I missing?

Muse CC 2017: New Features

Designing a Portfolio Website with Muse

Creating a Small-Business Website with Adobe Muse

Muse Essential Training (2015)

Up and Running with Muse

Muse Essential Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi,

The template which you have downloaded looks like non-responsive.

If you go to this site - Tutorials – Adobe Muse Widget Directory there will be two version of files available.

Screenshot_7.png

You just have to download the responsive version of the file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The template which you have downloaded looks like non-responsive.

If you go to this site - Tutorials – Adobe Muse Widget Directory there will be two version of files available.

Screenshot_7.png

You just have to download the responsive version of the file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks. I've got quite a lot of content in my site - 13 pages. Is there a best way to transfer all of it to the responsive site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it now. I think I'll be okay with this tutorial. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to tell Adobe about my experience with this issue because I will have to redo a lot of work. I did a lot of searches looking for the answers to working with the template Exposure. I mentioned in a survey after a frustrating experience with finding answers that you have to know the answer to ask the question. In all the searches for Exposure responsiveness that I did I never saw this particular page. I can't imagine my experience is an isolated one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used this same template and now when I type in the URL to post (for example, on Facebook) it generates the webpage but includes the name EXPOSURE on the photos. I want to completely remove the name title "Exposure" from all forms of my url. How do I do this?

I followed earlier instructions and renamed the page in properties, but it does not change my main issue. It did change what it says when I type the domain into the url search (example: www.pagename.com/pagename), but that's not really my concern. Even when I go to export the file to HTP Host, it says something about the form title being EXPOSURE. I need this gone!

Here are examples:

When I type the URL into Facebook

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 3.19.06 PM.png

When I go to export the site to my FTP Host

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 3.21.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines