2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 5:36 PM by Kevin-Monahan

After Effects CC 2017 14.0.1.5 Won't Start

bartman2589

I recently installed After Effects CC 2017 version 14.0.1.5 as a trial through the Creative Cloud Desktop application on my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit system.  But whenever I try to start it I get 3 errors stating that an entry point cannot be found for 3 different .dll files (AfterFXLib.dll, PIN.dll, and FLT.dll).  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app 3 times now, and have (as per a tip I found using google) even removed the read only attribute from the AppData\Roaming\Adobe folder and its subfolders and files, and still AfterFX fails to start.  I've even given myself full control of that folder, as well as having given Users and Administrators full control also.  And even running it as Administrator results in the same 3 error messages.  (I have had issues with just about all of the apps I installed using the Creative Cloud Desktop application as well, the only 'work around' that actually worked for them was to run each one as Administrator, something that I don't honestly think should be necessary but seems to be the only way to get them to work!)