1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2017 11:03 AM by CHRONICLEF

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close

ShootingPixelsAndy Level 1

I recently upgraded to a 4K monitor and now I am seeing this error randomly in both Lightroom and Photoshop.

Windows event viewer shows:

NVIDIA OpenGL Driver, Event ID 1

Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close.

Error code: 3 (subcode 2)

(pid=12632 tid=1764 lightroom.exe 64bit)

Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information.

and

Application Error, Event ID 1000

Faulting application name: lightroom.exe, version: 6.8.0.10, time stamp: 0x58417e06

Faulting module name: nvoglv64.DLL, version: 21.21.13.7619, time stamp: 0x58405121

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00000000015cf0f0

Faulting process ID: 0x3158

Faulting application start time: 0x01d252352bed1f55

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\nvoglv64.DLL

Report ID: 3617bbc9-d5d3-4aa6-9b6b-95eca424006b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

System specs are:

I7-6800K @ 3.4GHz, 32GB ram, GTX1060 with 6GB, Win10 64bit

All drivers, etc are up to date.

Anyone else having problems with OpenGL related crashes using a 4K monitor?

• 1. Re: Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close
          CHRONICLEF Level 1

I am not working with 4K however I am getting the same thing. Chatted with nVidia and they gave me this info below. so far I have no issues.  I am using a Quadro 4000 and editing 1080p with Premiere:

Try "Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) " to completely uninstall NVIDIA / AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys,

folders and files, driver store) :

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

After the download is completed, it would prompt you to extract the file. Once the display driver uninstaller is extracted under download folder you would see Display driver uninstaller .exe file. Double click on it to proceed with the installation. After the Display driver is installed, it would prompt for system restore point creation and booting the computer in safemode.

Once done, - Select NVIDIA on top and Put a check mark on all the NVIDIA components near the NVIDIA logo.

- Now click on Clean and Restart (Highly Recommended)

- Once the computer restarts and goes to the Windows, please follow the steps below

Shut down the computer remove the graphics card and reseat is after 60 seconds turn on the computer download and install the below drivers after the card is detected.

Download the latest driver version R378 U2 (378.66)

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/115303/en-us

- Once the installer wizard begin, accept the license agreement.

- Select "Custom (Advanced)" install option and then click Next.

- Put a checkmark in the "Perform clean install" option and then click Next.

- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

So far I am okay and no crashing....