• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro prores and windows

Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited a video on a mac with adobe premiere pro. It's in pro res format. I am collaborating with someone on the project and this other person wants to load my project on windows 10. The project opens but it gives an error about how prores isn't supported. I believe it should work. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Hi Bryced,

What is the version of Premiere Pro in Windows 10?

Native support for reading Prores is a new feature which is available only with latest versions of Premiere Pro CC.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bryced,

You should be able to read the files. What format is the ProRes?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickTime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryced,

What is the version of Premiere Pro in Windows 10?

Native support for reading Prores is a new feature which is available only with latest versions of Premiere Pro CC.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do i need to do to export prores through premiere pro cc 2015.3, aftereffects, or media encoder in windows 7?

I have spent hours searching for the answer to this and would love someone at Adobe to provide a clear and simple answer as to this.

I am happy to pay for this support, but without it using adobe apps on PC is nearly useless for me.

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot export to prores on a windows machine.

You will have to find a different format such as Cineform or DNxHD or take the entire project to a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this a permanent thing or is adobe working to address this?

this makes it a lot harder to work with adobe product with this not being supported any more.

I would gladly pay for this as an option or a plugin.

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes export on Windows has never been legally possible.  Apple does not release the necessary code to make it so.

DNx and Cineform are every bit as good quality-wise, and both have advantages over ProRes.  DNx comes in the superior MXF container, and Cineform is a Constant Quality codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well ... why i've got prores codecs in media encoder ?  it's a real question cause i try to install it on another pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why i've got prores codecs in media encoder

On a Windows machine?

Premiere Pro doesn't come that way by default, so it must have been added by someone.  There were two illegal methods of adding it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not related to the person on this thread are you: [Windows] No option to export as ProRes - Premiere Pro CC 2017/AME CC 2017

Which shows him having the Miraizon codec installed on one machine?

There were some legal ways to make ProRes on Windows.  One still exists in Telestream Switch, which is on the  Apple certified list.  It does not appear in Media Encoder, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking through a number of pages on the Telestream site, I finally found the page of exporting codecs, and it had a sub-note number by the Apple ProRes listing ... go down to that sub-note, and it says:

"ProRes export on Windows is ProRes HQ 4:2:2 for iTunes only."

I can't tell if that means it has to be part of an upload process to iTunes from their sparse verbiage, but that might be a possible limitation. Do you have any experience with this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He should be able to read in an older version of PrPro/Windows, if he has installed the QuickTime "basics" section, doesn't need the player ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16466251_10154112622280800_1990804809_o.jpg

anyway i can't find anymoere to install this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a screen-grab of your current codec list, or of a previous one or "borrowed" someplace?

What I'm trying to figure out is if you have the Miraizon codecs on your computer. From reading the material on their site, although the sales of this have ended, if you have the codecs installed (as that screen grab shows) then to use them you should only need to have the QuickTime basic package installed on your PC, and you can install that without installing the QuickTime Player, which should be avoided on PC's now for security issues.

If you don't already have those, "Miraizon sales have ended" as it says on their site, and the ProRes licensed for new buyers is not available.

I checked the Telestream "Switch" product mentioned above, and after reading through a number of screens, found this comment about ProRes exporting: "ProRes export on Windows is ProRes HQ 4:2:2 for iTunes only."

I don't know of any other way to license ProRes on PC's. Apple is a rather jealous kindergartener ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Miraizon codec is no longer for sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what's better? Cineform or DNXHD? I heard there was different versions of DNXHD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are pros and cons to both.

Cineform is a Constant Quality codec, which I tend to prefer.  This means that if the material only needs 10 bits, it won't use 20 and pad the file.  If it needs 30 bits, it won't be capped at 20 and thus reduce quality.  CQ codecs are the best.  But, Cineform files come out as QuickTime only.

DNx (both HD and HR) comes in the preferable MXF container, and suffers none of the issues the QuickTime container has caused over the years.  But, it's a constant bitrate codec only.

The ideal scene here, the perfect solution, would be Cineform in the MXF container.  Please let Adobe know you want that.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

There is another player in the game ... a company has released a beta of their ProRes...

http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=C0CHY&m=3Xp_g.tsE9WHB7V&b=BmKotJg3gLAGGHWZv602lA

A review from a colorist:

http://www.provideocoalition.com/windows-prores-first-impressions/?utm_source=newsletter&u tm_medium...

Neil

No longer accepting new sales.

Presumably Apple have unleashed the lawyers, which is stupidity squared as it is not only deprecated by Apple, but is insisted upon by a LOT of TV stations for broadcast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ProRes] is insisted upon by a LOT of TV stations for broadcast.

That is what needs to change, here.

Ideas anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang. Not that ProRes is the greatest ... I've seen some testing done by some high-end production gurus that show that the newer DNxHD/R is actually a better performing codec than ProRes.

Yea, stupid that b-cast stations still insist on the ProRes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a new script for Ae that can render ProRes on windows: AfterCodecs - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com  you could use AE to render your premiere sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this be legal if all other converters are not??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably isn't.  As all the other PC ProRes options seem to have been taken off the market, this will likely follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines