• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not access graphics processor?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out what the problem is with photoshop as im continuously getting a problem with the display driver. After looking at the instructions below for a mac i am not able to even access the preferances section to deselect the graphics processor. Would love any help please

Disable the GPU to quickly narrow down the issue

You can quickly determine if the issue is related to your graphics processor or driver by following these steps:

1. Launch Photoshop.
  2. Choose Edit > Preferences > Performance (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > Performance (Mac OS).
  3. Deselect "Use Graphics Processor."
  4. Quit and relaunch Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now accessed this though still getting the same message -  Its telling me to update to reinstall the driver. Do any techies know how to do this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not the option to ignore this error?  In Windows we used to get the option to ignore this error and the pop-up never appears.  however, lease read this article:

<Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues >

Or you could tell us what is the exact error message including the screenshot of the actual error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow i have now downloaded photoshop without any issue. The common thing that i am seeing everywhere in forums is people getting the following message which is now giving me problems with bridge. - You are running an operating system that Bridge no longer supports. Refer to the system requirements for a full list of supported platforms.

I obviously don't have an operating system problem, but this keeps coming up, which seems quite strange to why it is constantly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yoramp8833173 wrote:

You are running an operating system that Bridge no longer supports. Refer to the system requirements for a full list of supported platforms.

I obviously don't have an operating system problem, but this keeps coming up, which seems quite strange to why it is constantly?

That will depend on the operating system you are running. If memory serves correct  Photoshop CC2017 and therefore presumably Bridge CC2017 only now support Yosemite and El Capitan and not earlier OSX versions. Sierra has not been formally tested although it will obviously be in the future -so it is pot luck whether the apps will run stably under the new operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update of photoshop installed as creative cloud tells me 2015.5. I am using 10.9.5 OSX. i think there must be a work around for this some way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds right 10.9.5 is Mavericks I think? which supports CC2015.5 but not CC2017. You could try going to

'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5' or wherever your Photoshop is installed. You will find a file called 'sniffer.exe' move that file to the desktop and start Photoshop. I can't promise, but this may make your GPU settings available and allow you to make changes. Sniffer however does have a purpose and that is to detect when the graphics driver is going to crash at which point it disables the GPU-you may therefore find you start getting crashes, in which case return Sniffer to its original location. On the other hand it may be fine as it varies from system to system.

Just a correction to my remark about Sierra above for anyone reading this, Adobe I notice have now updated the system requirements table and Sierra is officially supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri

My photoshop is working fine, im now trying to download bridge which i can't

Thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am currently downloading sierra, hopefully this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines