• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EDL workflow broken

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to hear from Adobe, why would you upgrade a software (Premiere Pro) if the new version breaks EDL workflow with Speedgrade?

We are not paying cheap for the suite and one of the features you annouce is the workflow within the softwares, why should we keep paying for a software that you broke?

Now, I found this tread Update: My little Speedgrade/Premiere Project Converter still works with 2017  this software promise to solve the problem adobe created by upgrading one software and not the other. But my question again is, why should we pay extra for a software? Adobe fix your shit, I'ts being 2 years since Speedgrade update, 2 years! We payed you those 2 years for you to keep working on the COMPLETE SUITE not just one software. If you can´t fix it. pay the guy why made the software and fix this EDL problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The change was in not providing an updated version of SpeedGrade to work via the process Adobe called "Direct Link", where SpeedGrade essentially used part of the PrPro program code (an engineer said) to run the actual PrPro project file from "within " SpeedGrade.

Technically.

Yes, a user created that spiffy little program that auto-converts one digit in a current PrPro project file so it can be opened with the last SpeedGrade version, 2015.1. I've tested it and purchased it.

After you've finished grading, you save the file from SpeedGrade before exiting and "open" that saved PrPro project file in the converter again and it auto-converts that one character back so the current PrPro can read it again.

You can manually do this from instructions in other threads in the SpeedGrade forum  ... after a Mac user posted the steps, I worked the same procedure through in a Windows OS and posted a thread with both OS versions.

I'd rather pay the very small fee for that tool than spend the time required to do it manually  ... or to do the round trip via EDL to SpeedGrade or XML to Resolve along with all the conform hassles.

One caveat  ... AfterEffects comps don't normally work with this so for those you need to render a full digital intermediate codec file out of AE and replace the company with it.

I don't have the link on my phone but you're most welcome to go to the Overview page of this forum and use the bug/features request form ... which is the main way to get a tabulated result of user requests up the "chain".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the bug/feature request form.

They never acknowledge receiving one, but they are all tabulated and delivered to all team management.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for you quick answear, info and link provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wish I had an answer for you we'd both have liked better ... sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines