• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Design CS4 won't work on iMac with OS 10.12.1

Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Design CS4 won't allow a text block to be resized. I tried every way I could think of. Finally I reinstalled the program. That fixed it for a few hours and now it's happening again.

The program appears to work properly on my iBook, which runs OS 10.11.2

If you need a detailed description of what's happening, watch this screen movie here: Adobe In Design CS4 - YouTube

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

InDesign, up to and including InDesign CS6  is not supported under El Capitan upwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign, up to and including InDesign CS6  is not supported under El Capitan upwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html

If you're a professional and using InDesign is mission critical, it's probably worth considering upgrading to InDesign CC2015/17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a professional.  That's why I'm getting rid of Adobe products. My computer works five times faster since I dumped Creative Cloud. CS4 will be gone as soon as I can get some reasonable alternatives. Adobe is going to die if it doesn't get its act together. I've been a customer for 20 years because there is no alternative. For me the end of Adobe can't come soon enough. At least then reasonable alternatives would be able to sell their products in a fee market. Adobe simply buys anything that competes with them and either increases the price of stops supporting it. It makes Microsoft look benevolent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as you no doubt are aware, there are a number of alternatives to choose from, such as Quark Xpress, Microsoft Publisher, CorelDraw and so on, but personally I feel that around £16 a week (UK) for access to the Creative range, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and much more, is good value.

Most users seem to get these applications to work successfully on their systems (assuming they have the correct system requirements), and those that have issues, seem to get them sorted out via help from other users on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The program appears to work properly on my iBook, which runs OS 10.11.2

You might ask what the features in Sierra or even El Capitan are that you can't live without. The performance problems you are experiencing might be OS related or even interference from other apps—browser plugins are reknown for causing problems with Adobe apps. Not having any performance problems here with CC on Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines